24 Mar The Closing of the Houses of Allah
They say you don’t know what you have until it’s gone. Truth is you knew what you had, you just thought you’d never lose it.
The masajid are closed, the worship of Allah has fallen quiet. Let us convert our homes into places of worship. Raise our voices in recitation of the Quran, fortify our walls with the Remembrance of Allah.
On the evening of Wednesday 18th March 2020 we had to make the extremely difficult decision to close the Masjid to the public, shortly after it was announced that most of our important services will also be suspended.
For 30 years we have been working hard to serve the community, providing for its spiritual, educational, health and welfare needs. The hard work that we have gone through to bring Noor Ul Islam to where it is may be at risk if we are unable to continue without regular donations.
The closure of the Masjid to the public means that a source of income has been removed from us in the way of donations particularly from the weekly Friday collections and regular fundraising events. We still need to pay for our ongoing monthly expenses and liabilities.
We need your financial support and request that you continue to donate to Noor Ul Islam until we reopen our doors and resume all our services.
Our staff are working behind the scenes to continue working for the community within the current restrictions.
- Our Imams are providing regular Jummah talks as well as a series of videos for the month of Ramadan.
- We are continuing to provide duas and motivational quotes via our social media platforms.
- We have up a library of articles to help you through these difficult times.
- Our School and Madrassa is providing online learning for it’s pupils.
- We are supporting vulnerable families and individuals in need to ensure they are supported through this pandemic.
- The Head Office will be open between 10:30am to 1:00pm Monday to Friday for those who wish to visit the office in person. The usual office hours of 9:00am to 4:00pm Monday to Friday and Saturday 9am to 1pm will apply for all telephone enquiries
Sadaqah stands in the way of calamity
“Good works protect from evil fates. Charity in secret extinguishes the wrath of the Lord, maintaining family ties increases life span, and every good deed is charity. The people of good in the world are the people of good in the Hereafter, and the people of evil in the world are the people of evil in the Hereafter. And the first to enter Paradise are the people of good.” Source: al-Mu’jam al-Awsaṭ 6252
The blessings of Sadaqah
If you loan Allah a goodly loan, He will multiply it for you and forgive you. And Allah is Most Appreciative and Forbearing (Quran 64:17)
May Allah swt keep us under his protection, may we return to His houses of worship soon. Ameen
"May Allah allow His homes to open for us soon, and for our hearts to respond more regularly to His invitation. Just as fasting from nourishment makes us appreciate it more, may this fast from the Masajid make us appreciate them more." - Omar Suleiman
Please support Noor Ul Islam
We rely on our community to fund our progress. Now is as important as ever for you to continue supporting your Mosque.